School Improvement Plan
A school improvement plan is written each year and makes clear how the Headfield team intend to drive the school forward in our journey to becoming an outstanding school. We are a strong, ambitious team who are striving to give the children of Savile Town and Thornhill Lees the best, rounded education we possibly can, rich in experience and routed in literacy skills. We constantly evaluate the effectiveness of our school, celebrate the successes and identify what we need to focus on to ensure our children are given firm foundations to continue their next step in education when they leave us.
In 2020/2021 our main priority is that our recovery curriculum supports children’s return to school life & closes the gaps in learning following the challenges to education caused by Covid19. The five focus areas of our school development plan for 2020/2021 are:
- Our Christian vision and biblical underpinning are at the heart school life
- Pupil and staff wellbeing is positive through, and following, the transition back into school life
- Develop our reading curriculum further to support pupils who enter key stage 2 without having secured their phonic knowledge
- Raise attainment and progress in Maths
- Quality first teaching, high quality CPD and the development of technology access for all.